Sunday, January 17, 2010

Band Block 2


Before I finished the first Band Block I had this one in mind.  It has the same half light block, half dark blocks plan.  Instead of matching the block with the Band piece, I put the same contrast color on both.  I had the Red, White and Blue theme in mind, and this is how it worked out--pretty well, I think.

Cut sizes:  26 5"x 9" Blue to make 13 blocks.  24  5"x 9" Tan to make 12 blocks.  25  3"x 9 1/2" for the Contrast Band pieces on each block.

These sizes are flexible.  This is just what I had around in Slices and 3" binding scraps of Red.

Again, columns 1,3 and 5 have the Red Band on the top.  The alternate columns 2 and 4 have the Red Band on the bottom.

Block size is 9"x11".  Top before border is 45"x 55".  Finished size with 4" cut border (all I could cut) is 52"x 62".  A 6" border would make an even nicer size.

NOTE:  I am now cutting all of my scraps into 5" x 9 1/2".  This band block still works with the old size, because it does not have to be turned sideways.

BUSTED!  Some 5x9 slices, some 3" binding scraps for the Bands.  ALL of the border fabric.  Some binding scraps for the red, white and blue scrappy binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment