Thursday, January 14, 2010

Band Block 1


















This latest is made in blocks. Two slices are sewn together down the length, then a band or strip sewn across one end.

Cut Sizes are: Pam Cake Slices 5"x 9", Bands 2 1/2"x 9 1/2". Any size slice or band will work--the block does not have to be square, since it will not be turned.

There are 25 Blocks that finish 9" x 10 1/2" to make a top 45x52 before borders, 54x62 with my 5" border.

I made all-dark blocks and all-light blocks. It took 26 Slices and 13 Bands of dark to make 13 Dark Blocks. It took 24 Slices and 12 Bands of light to make 12 Light Blocks.

From the picture you can see how the Dark and Light Blocks are alternated. And in the alternating columns the bands are either on all on the top or all on the bottom.

This was a fast one to do. Making blocks is actually a very fast way to assemble.

NOTE:  I have since changed to cutting all of my Pam Cakes slices 5"x 9 1/2"  I have loads of 5"x 9" to use up, so I will continue to come up with designs that don't need that extra 1/2" to fit together.

BUSTED!   I used precut Slices and scraps from the 2 1/2" stash.  I used up a scrap for the border--the size I chose to cut it was the size that allowed me to use it up. Binding and back were old pieces from Pam's stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment